
21st of October: At 9 h in the morning I've met part of the group I'll be with for two months. I must say that I must be glad. I've a 1st of Batxillerat, which means that these pupils are studying apparently because they want, not because the law says it and that makes the difference. The teacher knows them very well as she has been with them for three years and some of them have even participated in an exchange she organizes every year with another secondary school from Holland. So, the empathy here is guaranteed and teacher and pupils work together to gain a good lesson. Today there are only 11 pupils because they do ICT activities in the Informatics Classroom. I try to remember their names and not to forget their faces as I will stay with them a long period. Today they have reviewed some prepositions because on Thursday they have an exam. Here the participation is high and satisfying for the teacher. Afterwards they have worked on the lyrics of ABBA's song 'Dancing queen'. As it is an attractive song for teenagers they really enjoy it. They imagine how this dancing queen is and here is where the teacher works the best their oral speech. After that, they do a karaoke with the song which makes them to have a good time apart from learning. I can say from my first impression that is a nice group. One of the thing I liked the most is that they help each other a lot, that made me think that for practicum with them I can do exercises to work in pairs or small groups, I'm sure they will enjoy it. Let's see how the rest of the group is next week! If you want to know it you'll have to wait until Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment